Ever had any trouble with your siblings?
Joseph’s brothers sold him into slavery. When they later have to come and ask him for food they don’t recognize him. How does he deal with them?
– He vents, speaking to them harshly.
– He makes them confront their dad by demanding his youngest brother be brought to him.
– He gives them the hardest time he can without revealing himself.
Ultimately he doesn’t let them down though:
– He saves his family by letting them return with food.
– He does not accept their money but returns it.
Dealing with family you kinda have to use a carrot and a stick.